Saturday, September 13, 2014

Adrian Peterson

This is going to be quite the non-sports post, but oh well.  Adrian Peterson was arrested for child abuse, etc (don't feel like looking up the actual term).  I saw some pictures online.  If those pictures are the result of Peterson "switching" his 4-year old child, I hope he rots in prison.  I have a lot of trouble judging corporal punishment.  I was spanked as a kid.  A lot of kids get hit with belts.  Typically, these events are half-hearted and are meant to scare the kid into listening, not actually hurt them.  The picture I saw showed angry red lashes across the legs of a child.  If these pictures are indeed of that kid and are from a switching that Peterson administered, then I am in front of the line screaming for the Vikings to cut him.  This may seem hypocritical, but I would maybe even feel a bit different if it was an 8-10 year old.  Or maybe not.  Peterson administered a "whooping" (his words) that went way overboard (if those are the actual pictures).

One more thing...  Peterson is smiling in his mugshot like he is on vacation.  No big deal, just arrested for beating the hell out of your kid.   Right now, I'm trying to wait for all the facts, but I just can't help but hate this guy.  My wife and kid have Peterson jerseys and I just want to burn them.... ugh.

3 comments:

  1. I was going to write a post but you beat me to it. Why is the nba labeled as a "thug" league but nfl is not? Nba players just have a lot of illegimate children, are terrible rappers and have way to many people in their entourages but can you name a player that has been charged with heinous crimes like peterson and or rice? Peterson should never breathe another breath of prison free air. I think child abuse is worse than murder. My list of crimes that are punishable with life in prison with no chance of parole:1. Child abuse/rape
    2. Premeditated murder
    3. Weird shit like cannibalism and necrophilia
    Peterson is a scumbag. I had rice in one fantasy league and peterson in another and dropped them both. By actually having morals i could give a shit about both dudes. Good riddance. Petersons smiling is the icing on the cake. Burn in hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last fall we spent a number of Sundays doing some sort of project and family dinner with football in the background. This fall that's getting a lot more complicated. How do we explain why the girls' favorite player (to be fair, probably the only one whose name they know) isn't playing in today's Vikings game? Easier to keep it turned off and do something else instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peterson made a mistake that hurt someone he loves so the bikings arent letting him play until he learns his lesson. Best i got. Also. Not watching is easier.

    ReplyDelete