Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The annual "but the Eagles have Jeremy Maclin..." parade

Every year, Jeremy Maclin is going to be the next breakout WR star.  I once traded him for Matt Forte in my fantasy football league.  Forte was great... Maclin, hurt.  Once the whole "DeSean Jackson is a gang member" talk dies down, and focus shifts back to the Eagles, the commentary will be that the Eagles will be fine because they have Jeremy Maclin.

Jeremy Maclin is a nice, mediocre receiver.  He will give you 12-13 YPC.  However, he will not give you 1500 yards.  He won't give you 10-12 TD.  In fact, he is more likely to give you a hole at WR when he misses games.  Does anybody really think that he is going to set the world on fire coming off a major injury?  Not so much.  I haven't seen anything regarding Maclin yet this year, but I am predicting that it will happen.  It will happen as surely as Kirk Ferentz will be called a genius, and follow that proclamation with a 6-6 season.

*Correction:  Ashley Fox of ESPN suggested that Jackson was expendable IN PART because Maclin is coming back off an ACL surgery... She was quicker to the party than all the other "experts" who think Maclin is a #1 receiver.

2 comments:

  1. If Maclin does have a breakout season, will he get credit, or will he be seen as a system receiver whose success is contingent on playing for Chip Kelly?

    Can you believe Kirk Ferentz has been at Iowa since 1999? And also, why when I start typing his name into Chrome's search bar does "kirk ferentz daughter" come up as a suggestion? I'm on my work computer and afraid to follow any links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Maclin has a breakout season, I'm going to sound like a complete idiot (even more than usual). In fact, because I'm so anti-Maclin, he is destined to have a breakout season, just to illustrate what an idiot I actually am.

    ReplyDelete