Thursday, December 18, 2014

Kent y Delgado

Anybody think Jeff Kent or Carlos Delgado should be in? I feel like there was a lot of talk toward the end of Kent's career about how he was qualified, but I'm not sure I was ever really convinced. Obviously he provided a lot of offense (in every sense of that word) for a few years, but that seemed to be his only distinguishing feature, and even that seemed overvalued. Delgado strikes me as one of those guys who pretty much gets dismissed (well, maybe overlooked is a better word) because he didn't provide the overwhelming numbers some other sluggers did, but who was nonetheless very good for a decent amount of time. I suspect we'll all agree these guys were good players who aren't Hall of Famers, but maybe somebody has a more interesting argument to make.

2 comments:

  1. I looked back at the stats and I think Kent, but not Delgado, should be in. Kent was an a-hole, but he was the best 2B (or top couple) for a number of years. Delgado was never the best player at any of the positions he played, and while he hit a lot of home runs, he just wasn't all that great of a player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The case for kent is much better. Kent for about 5-6 years was one of the top 2b in baseball. Defense was good as well and if his stats weren't enough his epic 'stache should speak for itself.

    ReplyDelete