Saturday, February 21, 2015

withdrawls

Right now, i'm on a sports withdrawl. Football is over. Baseball really hasn't started yet and granted march madness and nba seasons are entertaining at times i'm completely bored out of my mind. I know sports talk radio isn't for everyone, but even the blow hards are running out of topics to discuss. I can honestly name maybe 2 players in all of college basketball, and one of them is a tall white guy that plays for Wisconson...my kings are having another horrible year and though they might be going in the right direction by hiring George Karl they are painfully awful to watch most of the time. The most i've enjoyed an nba season in recent memory was the strike shortened 50 game season, 3-4 games a week, 3 games in 3 nights, it was quick, every game mattered and players actually performed on both ends of the floor. Right now, the usual talking heads are discussing the nfl draft and putting out their 15th goddamn mock draft that no matter how much they study are always so awful i don't know how they continue to be considered experts. Does anyone else feel this emptiness in regards to sports as I do?

1 comment:

  1. You mean you aren't following Twitter stream coverage of the NFL Combine?! I do know what you mean, but not having sports I'm interested in bothers me a lot less than it used to. I may watch some of the NCAA tournament in March, and I often watch a few NBA playoff games, but I'm not all that invested in either. Football and baseball are more interesting, but this time of year is definitely a lull--this week seems to be the week for projecting the performance of rookies and other players in preparation for fantasy drafts. Whoop. However, I don't mind at the moment--I have plenty on my plate, and I don't feel like I hav to wade through as much stuff at the moment because really nothing that important seems to happening. This is the only time in the past year or so I've felt caught up in sports news I'm interested in. It's kind of nice. Though I'm looking forward to opening day.

    ReplyDelete