Friday, January 16, 2015

The games this weekend

Here are my picks, along with (ir)rationale.

Game 1: Packers at Seahawks.  Before I give the pick, I'm going to explain what I see.  I see a Packers team that has played poorly on the road this year against a few pretty good defenses (with the exception of the Saints).  I also see a Packers team with a very much improved defense and a really good offensive line (can't believe I'm saying it, and it's true!).  The Seahawks have a great defense.  They also have an offense with a really great ability to run the ball.  However, I think the Packers go into Seattle and win and here's why.  I think they will finally be able to slow down a mobile QB.  Wilson is really good, but if you force him to throw from the pocket, he gets a bit inaccurate.  I think the Packers contain him.  I see a close game, made 28-24.  I also see Rodgers playing like the best player in the league.  I'm probably going to be wrong, but who cares.  This game is going to be close either way, and I think the Packers pull it off.

Game 2:  Colts at Patriots.  The Patriots are going to blow the doors off the Colts.  The Colts have somehow appeared to have a good O-line and a good defense.  They have neither.  The Patriots will score early and often and win by at least 10.


1 comment:

  1. packers 24 seattle 23.
    Colts 17 New England 29

    Why? I have no reason, just guesses based on nothing.

    ReplyDelete